¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 For as long as I can remember I have been almost obsessed in pushing my transparency on others. Not that I considered myself of special importance; I never attempted to attract special attention to myself, but I also didn’t want to be invisible. If a person was to relate to me, I wanted them to know “ME”, all of me, thus transparency.
- ¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0
- I have great difficulty keeping secrets.
- As a youngster I would occasionally tell about others – gossip; probably to gain needed social attention because I was the youngest and smallest kid in my cohort.
- Even today I may non intentionally blurt out information that I believe sheds better light on the “truth” but which is inappropriate for the situation. I do this without prior thought about potential consequences. My deep intent is seldom oppositional; rather it results from my sensitivity to dysfunction in the overall functioning of systems. I am open to reveal problems that my own limitations or actions may cause.
Example. At a hearing for Eloise’s application for CODP disability I blurted out that although her disability is very real, there are times when she can push herself – as when she climbed the highest mountain in Wales. Her application was denied.
Example. I am totally open about my financial situation in ways that is strongly taboo to others.
Example. At public hearings, I will speak out when a “leader” misrepresents or lies; even if it will later cause me difficulty. Thus, I was a thorn to the administration of the college where I was faculty.
¶ 6 Leave a comment on paragraph 6 0 I rationalize this as defense for my disabilities, to alert others how I am different so they can take this into account when they interact with me. This was seldom a conscious choice and I speculate that it started before I was explicitly aware of my disabilities. However, it has evolved since I became aware and has broadened to sharing about my unique savant condition, with both special disabilities and assets, and what constraints I face from my position in social networks and societal structures.
- ¶ 8 Leave a comment on paragraph 8 0
- My health limitations and age.
- My “savant” nature.
- My immediate setting.
- My financial limitations.
- The inherent difficulty of what I am attempting.
- ¶ 10 Leave a comment on paragraph 10 0
- Humankind will require re-education about the deeper nature of the transparency/privacy issue.
- To be explicated later: the big data and surveillance technologies that are of serious concern today may be necessary for a future humanity to adequately “know itself” in sufficient detail to survive/thrive. An effective SEAFing system will also require deep knowledge to provide very useful support, enablement, augmentation, and facilitation for persons and teams.